Never a dull moment

It's pretty well-known, among my circle of friends and family, that I am one of those people to whom shit just happens.

In one day this week, for example,I lost the keys to my firesafe, had to take 3 hours off of work to fax and then priority mail paperwork for my house sale, had a fight with Mr. X, and had a mini-meltdown. The next day, everything was back to (what I consider) normal. And I have more chronic health issues and personal/financial complications than anyone I've ever met. If you didn't see my medical records, you'd swear I was a hypchondriac.

This has been going on for years. So I've spent a lot of time wondering WHY shit happens to me. Kinda thought there are no victims, only volunteers, and all that. But, since I made a personal commitment recently to stop doing that, it's been a lot funnier when it does happen and a lot easier to recover from it.

This week I'm recovering from a concussion, ear infection, and vertigo while I study for finals, try to get back to training for races, and prepare to sell a house.

Never a dull moment.

But that's kinda the way I like it.

It's not that I'm a drama queen, or a stress puppy. It's just that I like it when I have new challeneges and discoveries around every corner. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do about this, too. And then I realized I also needed to accept it. It's also been a lot easier and more fun since that realization.

0 tidbits of wizdom: